Wednesday, February 11, 2015

For Deah, Yusor, and Razan

For your momentary terror
I pray for an eternity of peace
For your momentary pain
I pray for your eternal ease
For you
I pray

And when it is our time to return
I pray our souls will meet
Where there is no fear
And there is no grief
For us
I pray

----

I pray for mothers filled with grief
For fathers who will never sleep
For brothers' wounds run so deep
For sisters so hurt they cannot weep

----

Sometimes I pray that every bullet shot
Just feels like soft raindrops on our head
Instead of metal piercing human flesh
Leaving babies dead

Sometimes I pray for impossible things
Like causes not having their effect
Like Abraham not burned by fire
Because his faith was perfect

----

But mostly, I just can't get these three out of my head and selfishly pray.


No comments:

Post a Comment